Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Random Musings of a 10 Percenter

Several things I want to talk about.

First, can blogging be considered talking? In a matter of context, lets say I'm talking to someone about the price of oil and I say, "I was talking the other day about just this thing." Of course I say talking instead of blogging, becuase in the course of a natural conversation, "blogging," as a verb, just sounds out of place. I mean, talk about sounding like a douche. I'm not one to toot my own horn, and as pretentious and arrogant as I may seem, I have a modicum of humility which prevents me from advertising my blog in a casual conversation. So for all intensive purposes I think that the act of blogging is similar enough to a conversation (especially if the 5 people who read this thing would leave some fucking comments) to be classified as such.

Alright, on to more important things. Craig Biggio was plunked twice in todays afternoon game against Colorado by Jason Jennings bringing his career HBP total to 266, one behind Don Baylor for the modern day record. Morgan Ensberg also continued on his hot streak hitting his 17th homer. Texas will face Baylor, who repented for all their past sins in the 7th inning of last nights game against Tulane. God blessed them with timely hitting and Cajun blunders in a remarkable 7 run, come from behind, type of miracle.

Lastly, Ave. B Grocery reopened yesterday meaning BLT's and ginger ale for lunch all week. Ave. B is truly an Austin gem and worth checking out. No where near as crave-worthy as Al's deli in Evanston, but the best sandwiches I've had in Austin. If anyone knows of other "dive" type dining gems in Austin, please let me know.

No comments: