So it's been a while since I've written, I know. I should have emulated Eastern's tact and said something, I know. But seeing as how this random spot on the internet is my favorite form of procrastination, my lack of "talking" is a symptom of me actually doing shit which is even more troubling. Something should be said for sticking to your strengths.
At any rate, I’ve got plenty ‘o story to tell, but none that would be interesting enough to everyone without some significant character development. I’m lazy, so you can simply assume they were debaucherous, embarrassing, and alcohol induced.
Few things I do want to talk about.
1.) Gray’s Anatomy. This show continues to impress me (and clearly others). A show with diverse characters, both ethnically and dimensionally. Written by the only black women writing and producing primetime television shows (or so I’ve been told, and Oprah doesn’t count). Great soundtrack. And only borderline cheesy (meaning only sometimes, rather than all time on TV).
This weeks episode, cleverly designed to woo the male audience after the super-bowl with a nice 3F-on-1M shower fantasy, had some incredibly salient moments. One that was particularly relevant was the conversation b/w hot model Dr. Izzy Stevens and dopey-underdog guy Dr George O'Malley about there being two types of people in the world: Do’ers and Watcher’s. Now be default I resist the creatively destructive use of dichotomies, but every now and then I’ll let one by. This is one of them.
That, tied in with the struggle b/w fear for ones own life and risking it for another; of having a sense of duty; created a nice little carpe diem taste in my mouth.
For that reason, I will be attending all my classes this week. As Ruth has eloquently pointed out, by pure fortune of PVDD, I have a good chance of getting lucky by just showing up. Ok, neither probably will happen. But fuck it, we only live once. Be a do’er (no pun intended at all), not a watcher (that’s just creepy).
3.) Is privacy legislation going to become an issue on the table in the next election? Maybe, depends on who gets to frame the debate and whether anymore things like this end up in the media-sphere.
4.) The Astros are going to be good this year, even though they haven’t done much of anything in the off-season and lost a Hall-of-Famer with 7 Cy Young’s. Bagwell is the heaviest issue and well determine whether they are great or just better than average. That’s a whole discussion in an of itself.
Anyways, I will be doing a lot of writing (in addition to theoretically attending class) over the next few days. Whether it’s the shit I’m supposed to be working on or this blog remains to be seen (as a sign of serious procrastination). Just in case, y’all are on notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment