Yes! It's finally happened. To the endless rejoice of my parents and those who hold the rights to my studen loans (read:soul)...I found a job, a good one, that actually pays well, is close to my house, and requires the use my law degree/education...and they found me. Fuck Yeah, ain't life a bitch. So thats all I'm gonna say about my job.
Now that the job hunt is officially over for me (God bless you if you're still on the hunt), I'll ideally be using the space as a place to rant and and get away from my job. The Astros aren't looking like a team with the right chemistry to make it to the playoffs, but with that pitching...anything could happen. I don't really like the makeup or momentum of any team but the Dodgers, and I think they're gonna end up winning the West. So Cinci may very well end up winning if they can continue to be consistent. Damn...and I was gonna say I probably won't be talking much about baseball.
How 'bout movies? Well, I saw plenty between the waves of cover letters and resumes I sent out. The Puffy Chair was excellent. You'll love it if you like The Office or Arrested Development. Superman...was so/so..v.if you're yet to see it, I'd suggest seeing the IMAX version, the 20 minutes of Digital 3D would probably make the thing worth while.
Music? ACL is right around the corner and I'm sure I'll eventually do a post on my picks and reviews...etc.etc. I'm so serious about this years festival, that I'm preparing 4 weeks ahead of time. Aftershows, housing travelers, planning potential lineups (its always a gameday call). I do know which shows I'm look forward to the most. Federico Aubele/Thievery Corporation at Stubb's on Thursday before everything gets started and Okkervil River/Deadboy and The Elephantmen at the Parish on Saturday. One show people are amazed I'm excited about is John Mayer, but I think this guy is gonna blow people away....so long as he doesn't play his body is a wonderland. He's been doing nothing but blues of late (which is why he's kinda fallen off the face of the earth) and I saw him go toe to toe with Eric Clapton in Dallas.
Politics? Go Kinky (thats a useful slogan on many levels). That's all I have to say for now...besides things won't start heating up 'til Sept 15th..which is ACL weekend of course).
TV? Here is where I'm offically eating Crow. FX is the shit. I'd originally questioned the networks ability to actually put on good programming. It's Always Sunny in Philly and Nip/Tuck have been my summers most vivid addictions. And Over There turned out to be waaay more captivating than I'd anticipated. TNT and USA have started to field some pretty good stuff too, The Closer being one example. The Networks are planning their retaliation this Autumn. I house sat for a family friend and watched the entire first season of Lost....hooked on that. The summer season of Entourage has been quite entertaining, and of course there was the World Cup. Oh man...the World Cup.
Alright...back in the game....
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment