Monday, July 24, 2006

Clerks II and a fat line of Coke for the Bar

Ok, since I'm not taking the bar and don't have to work 'til 1pm tomorrow...I went to see Kevin Smith's Clerks II this evening.

Overall...I think the Austin Chronicle got it right, this movie is about 3.5 stars out of five. There were cheesy moments and some of the acting was a little contrived, but still a highly entertaining, well thought out, and funny movie. Also....it's incredibly disgusting and not for the tame of heart or weak of stomach. If you can't handle conversations about ass-to-mouth "sexual expression" or people drinking piss...then you should probably go watch Prairie Home Companion (also a good movie). The best thing about this movie was definately Rosario Dawson...yeah...she sold me. The worst thing about this movie is the soundtrack, some of the 90s songs the used for flashback appeal kinda missed the mark in my humble opinion. Either way, its a movie I'd recommend to most people (except said squimish citizens).

Ok, so for anyone who hasn't seen this yet, here is a sitting congressman telling Steven Colbert how fun hookers and cocaine can be when mixed:


To all you future lawyers, good luck on the bar this week. I'll be waiting outside onn Thursday with a watermelon full of vodka and two nicely rolled stogs from Jamaica mon'! Good luck to all!!!


A congrats to Div for entering the upper echelon of responsibility holders: Fathers (with mothers also being part of that echelon).

No comments: